Saturday, September 22, 2012

Inspirations

When Edgar Mitchell went to the moon, he had an amazing experience that began with seeing planet Earth floating in space..... 

"The presence of divinity became almost palpable, and I knew that life in the universe was not just an accident on random process. This knowledge came to me directly - noetically. Clearly, the universe had meaning and direction.

Then my thoughts turned to daily life on the planet. With that my sense of wonderment gradually turned into something close to anguish. It seems as though humans were unconscious of their individual role in - and individually responsibility for - the future of life on the planet... When we see our fundamental unity with the processes of nature and the functioning of the universe - as I so vividly saw from the Apollo spacecraft - the  old ways of thinking and behaving will disappear."

Edgar Mitchell, NASA Astronaut
Founder of IONS